Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Ruidoso & Valentines Day

We went to Ruidoso over the weekend. It is always nice to go back home, see my mom and family and just hang out. A group of couples from Levelland were up there, but I unfortunately never caught up with them. It is just so hard to squeeze everything in. I took Rayden and my niece, Katlynn, skiing on Saturday. It was both of their first time skiing so they took lessons and both did really well. Driving up the mountain Rayden kept telling me he didn't need to be taught, he was a big boy and could do it on his own. He assured me that he wouldn't fall down and that I didn't even need to hold his hand cause he could do it all by himself!!! I love that he is so brave and so independent..... sometimes.......other times it just gets him in trouble!!! ha ha. When we got up the mountain we found Chance and I told him we just needed to get Rayden in his skis so he could get a feel and would maybe agree to do lessons. I was shocked at how good Rayden did. He really didn't fall down!!! We did convince Rayden to take the lessons so he could learn to stop and turn, and besides that, Rayden really wanted to go on the ski lift and Chance was headed off to ski with the guys, and I wasn't about to pay for a lift ticket just to take Rayden on the ski lift.!!!!

Oh, and Casen got both of his bottom teeth over the weekend!! The first one popped through on the drive up on Thursday and the other was in by Friday!!!!



Rayden & Katlynn dressed and ready to get to skiing!

Chance would push Rayden and he did really well, he thought he was such a big guy!

Rayden on the ski lift during his lessons.

Rayden & his ski instructor.


Learning how to put his skis on.

Rayden getting a push from his daddy
Casen looking out the glass door at my mom's dogs. He really liked it this way, he could see them and "pet" them, but they couldn't jump on him!!!
Rayden at this Valentine's Day party at school with his cookies that he made & decorated.


These are the adorable "doggy" cookies that me and Rayden made for Valentine's Day.

4 comments:

Shannon Rodriguez said...

Those are the cutest cookies ever...you SUPER MOM!

Dawn Jenkins said...

I am with Shannon - I am going to start calling you Super Mom! I was really bummed we missed you this weekend but I know (personally) how hard it is to get away to see friends when you are at your parents. Hope to see ya soon!

The Crutchers said...

Thanks for the Valentine cookies! They looked professionally made! Your cake looked awesome too! Want to do Cash's 2nd birthday cake? hehe Missed ya this past weekend but by the pics it looks like yall had a great time!

jerriann said...

You made that cake? !! AND the cookies?/ WOW, now I know who to come to when I need cake and cookies. I hope to see you soon. Love ya