Friday, April 24, 2009

Under the Big Top!

Wednesday night we went to the circus in Lubbock. Chance and I took Rayden and Melissa (sister in law) took Gage. I don't think Rayden really knew what to expect, he only knew there were going to be elephants there and he wanted to ride one. We got there early for the "pre show" where we got to go down on the floor with all the performers and have them sign your program (which cost a whopping $15!). They had different things set up that kids could do to get a up close and personal feel of the circus. After that it was off to get goodies and find our seats. We order one Snow cone in an elephant cup and a cotton candy with "complementary" circus hat- $20 ~ I almost fell over, I just ordered a snow cone and a cotton candy!!!! There are booths set up with souvenirs at every corner, as well as people walking around selling them, you can't get away from it. There is a sword that Rayden sets his heart on. I'm thinking, okay, probably $10 for that piece of plastic, nope, way off, $18!!! I am such a cheapskate that I try to talk Rayden out of it, I mean I am sure that I can get the same sword (with out the elephant sticker of course) at Wal Mart for like $2. Nope, not leaving without the sword! Anyways, I love the circus, and Rayden and Gage really seemed to enjoy it so I will get over my feelings of getting taken for my money and focus on the excitement of it all!!! Rayden stood and danced to the music the entire first half of the circus. He loved the elephants the most (did I mention they DIDN'T have elephant rides..... don't they always have elephant rides at the circus????). After intermission Rayden began to get sleepy. He was waiting for the motorcycles, which was the last performance, and barely held on, he was ready to go to bed!!!
Gage & Rayden Hula Hooping
Eating Snow Cones
Rayden in his Circus Hat
So Excited to see the elephants
Munching on some popcorn
The Performing Weenie Dogs
(Holly this pic is just for you!!)
The Tigers
And Finally the motorcycles
(there are 3 of them riding around in that ball!!!)

1 comment:

The Mellberg Family said...

Lucky dog. I wanted to go. Looks like Rayden had a blast.