Thursday, March 11, 2010

Half Way!

Tuesday marked my 20 week mark. Whoo Hoo! Half way there! We had another ultrasound that day, confirming that "she" is still a "she"!!! I was glad to get a second confirmation, it is still hard for me to believe that we are having a little girl. I don't think I will believe it until she is here!!! Everything seems to be going very well with this pregnancy. By this point in the pregnancy with Casen I was already having complications with the high amniotic fluid level and was nearly to the point they were giving me steroid injections in fear that he would be arriving way too early. Tuesdays ultrasound showed my fluid levels were normal and all looked GREAT with the baby, her heart, brain, kidneys, and she is right on target for growth, measuring in at approximately 11oz! The only problem I have encountered is that I am still throwing up, several times a day! I have lost 14 pounds so far (okay, I'm not REALLY complaining about that....) and they say that at this point the baby is not being harmed by my not being able to keep anything down, but that it will be a problem if things haven't turned around by my next appointment next month. I have been on Zofran and Phenegran as well as Prilosec. I have tried the Sea Bands for motion sickness and tried mixing B6 vitamins and Unisom (wired me and I stayed up all night) all without much relief. I have started trying to drink the Carnation Instant Breakfasts and eating peanuts and trying to make everything count that I put in my mouth. But hey, it's a girl.....Right?????

For those of you that are saying "I can't tell" here is a comparison shot from one of the boys, same angle shot as above......

2 comments:

Dawn Jenkins said...

I think throwing up is okay since it is a girl...I am so jealous ;)
Love ya girlie

The Mellberg Family said...

Just think of all that pink & big bows your going to have fun with. So happy for you.